WE NEED YOU! Fundraising on boarding meeting


(Ruth Grace Wong) #1

Do you have a few hours a week to help out with Noisebridge fundraising? WE NEED YOU!

Now that we’ve all recovered post-gala, let’s meet to regroup. I can’t make it to Noisebridge this time because of baby, so this meeting is in my apartment, a couple blocks away, at 15th and Mission:

Tuesday May 14th, 7:15PM
1600 15th Street Apt 442
Call me when you get here: 6478683107

Our next meeting with Scandiuzzi Krebs (the fundraising consulting firm we’re using) is May 21st at 7PM. Let’s prioritize and distribute tasks in advance so that we’re better prepared to leverage our consulting dollars the week after.


Work that needs to be done:

Social media!
We want to be continuously sharing our story and showing what people do here. I have a bunch of new photos of equipment and people using equipment that can be used for this (it’s the last two links in https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Photos_of_the_Space). It would be really great if we had something scheduled to be posted on Twitter/Facebook twice a week, via Buffer

Finances fact-checking: We’d love to have someone to double check our financial stuff with Tyler.

Donations tracking: This is a longer term project, but it would be nice to be able to track how much money we have in sewing, laser cutter, and other sub-funds via donate.noisebridge.net

Helping with grants: Lily from SK is a bomb grant writer, but she needs someone from Noisebridge to help provide missing information. We don’t have any active grant applications that we’re working on right now, but that will change soon, and we’ll need to assign people to specific grants to help Lily as they come up.

Meeting with city politicians: We’ve been in touch with a few city politicians, and are pursuing a budget request. We don’t have any meetings scheduled right now, but when we do in the future, we’ll need people to go to them in person.


HELP NEEDED! Fundraising on boarding meeting
(Ben Creasy) #2

Whoops, spaced this. Next time I guess I’ll use the “Add to Calendar” button.


(Ruth Grace Wong) #3

Fundraising Meeting Notes 2019-05-14

Things we like about scandiuzzi krebs

  • grants
  • meetings with city officials

The organizational training stuff is not as valuable

  • initial intro meeting valuable
  • story stuff alright
  • have you talked to this person going down the list – better for us to do that on our own (or pay someone for less money)

Where the money is going to come from

  • corporations don’t have ROI here, but can give in kind donations for days
  • money best from grants, government, users

Money stuff
Subfunds (like sewing, laser)

  • have your own treasuerer for your fund.
  • the money is in the noisebridge pile
  • tracking is transparent.
    Cash
  • safe with donation slit – tyler working on it. matt will bring it up in meeting and follow up with tyler to make sure he’s on it
  • standardizing cash drops – 2 people count the money together, someone else go and drop it off and make sure it makes it to the bank, receit has number on it of what’s supposed to be there. Tim to talk to Tyler

Outreach

  • Use Meetup for blasting emails about events
  • announce has some old Noisebridge people who still love the space
  • Blog posts: Henner’s blog post about the fuses spread a lot, Jarrod’s post about the signs made the rounds last maker faire
  • Press releases: We should keep track of all reporters that have written about us (contact info, publications), so that we can send out PR when necessary, can have S|K look over it
  • Press Kit: gather stories and quotes related to fundraising stuff (some in Google Drive), that’s the start of a press kit that we could have on our wiki. nice graphics, photos, logo
  • no more sensatinoalism, real estate agents don’t want to work with us because our website says were broke and need money

To Do

Ruth

  • share fundraising Google Drive to meeting attendees
  • Ask Matt to help with live streaming set up after mamker faire
  • publish Hangouts link for participation in next meeting

Tim

  • check letter of engagement to make sure it’s in line with what we discussed
  • financial fact checking with tyler, need the report & original source
  • discuss cash drops with Tyler and write up cash drop protocol

Matt (after maker faire)

  • post stuff about Noisebridge’s participation in Maker Faire (Ruth gave creds)
  • reach out to CCSF computer club about whiteboarding & algorithms
  • how much money we’re spending on server stuff and what we actually use, investigate with SuperQ
  • bring up having a cash safe for donations in meeting and follow up with tyler to make sure he’s on it
  • look into credit unit (with Tyler)

Jarrod

  • can be point of contact for grants (applied for grants previously for NB by checking foundation center to see what grants Gray Area applied for)

Unassigned

  • more local outreach
  • more social media