Continuing the discussion from New discuss interface painfully slow :((:
We are now on Discourse’s Stable branch, which was made available on 5/18. Stable releases every 6 months as opposed to the bi-weekly updates from standard release (tests-pass). Please help keep an eye on the system since this process is not recommended due to zero day security concerns.
- @pyconaut - everything is now in place for integration ala How would this forum work with Discord?. You’ll need to take the reins on the Discord end of things in order to setup the plugin.
@lizzard - Github integration is available if you’d like to connect Build out repo issues, pull requests and comments with the forum in some way. Setup on the forum side is here should you choose to go forward.
- #projects with kanban view could be useful once properly setup.
- There is also an “assign” plugin, which is currently disabled, for mirroring your repo issues to the projects category on the forum as it is done on Github.
- The integration allows you to reward users who submit and complete pull requests with cool badges you can make up.
- @themanmaran - Stripe integration is available if you’d like to add. Would be fun to allow an opt-in group, or perhaps #finance to track electronic donations and such automatically. Should also be possible to reward forum donors with a badge that says “I Donated” or something.
- Slack Admin - Exporting our Slack Emoji Collection would be a nice way to add all of those cool emojis to this forum as well.
- Slack Admin - add a custom Oauth2 button - Sign in directly from Slack .
Improvements and #help-wanted for the future!
- As SuperQ has previously mentioned, we should convert #unicorn services over to Ansible as has been done on the infrastructure repo for #rack.
- Will make everything reproducible should we encounter a disaster!
- Learn how to join Unicorn here with an SSH key.
- Roll out Multi-site support for Discourse so any new feature or upgrades can be done without taking the primary forum offline during future rebuilds.