[Solved] Nginx -t error

nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/etc/ssl/nginx/cloud.example.com.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/ssl/nginx/cloud.example.com.crt','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Any ideas @the on what happened to unicorn nginx config? Checked /etc/nginx/error.log and unclear on what this relates to.

$ sudo tail /var/log/nginx/error.log

Click for output

2021/01/02 13:51:19 [emerg] 17656#17656: BIO_new_file("/etc/ssl/nginx/cloud.example.com.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(’/etc/ssl/nginx/cloud.example.com.crt’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BI
O routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
2021/01/02 14:00:01 [error] 10054#10054: *765928 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.93.55.252, server: leapchat.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: "http://[::1]:8080/
", host: “leapchat.noisebridge.info”
2021/01/02 14:00:01 [warn] 10054#10054: *765928 upstream server temporarily disabled while connecting to upstream, client: 172.93.55.252, server: leapchat.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::1]:8080/”, host
: “leapchat.noisebridge.info”
2021/01/02 14:00:02 [error] 10054#10054: *765931 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.93.55.252, server: effective.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::1]:8082
/”, host: “effective.noisebridge.info”
2021/01/02 14:00:02 [warn] 10054#10054: *765931 upstream server temporarily disabled while connecting to upstream, client: 172.93.55.252, server: effective.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::1]:8082/”, hos
t: “effective.noisebridge.info”
2021/01/02 14:57:40 [error] 10054#10054: *768357 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 94.21.206.73, server: gossip.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::
1]:8008/”, host: “gossip.noisebridge.info”, referrer: “https://github.com/ssbc/ssb-server/wiki/Pub-Servers
2021/01/02 14:57:40 [warn] 10054#10054: *768357 upstream server temporarily disabled while reading response header from upstream, client: 94.21.206.73, server: gossip.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::1]:
8008/”, host: “gossip.noisebridge.info”, referrer: “https://github.com/ssbc/ssb-server/wiki/Pub-Servers
2021/01/02 14:57:40 [error] 10054#10054: *768357 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 94.21.206.73, server: gossip.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://127
.0.0.1:8008/”, host: “gossip.noisebridge.info”, referrer: “https://github.com/ssbc/ssb-server/wiki/Pub-Servers
2021/01/02 14:57:40 [warn] 10054#10054: *768357 upstream server temporarily disabled while reading response header from upstream, client: 94.21.206.73, server: gossip.noisebridge.info, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://127.0.
0.1:8008/”, host: “gossip.noisebridge.info”, referrer: “https://github.com/ssbc/ssb-server/wiki/Pub-Servers
2021/01/02 14:57:40 [error] 10054#10054: *768357 no live upstreams while connecting to upstream, client: 94.21.206.73, server: gossip.noisebridge.info, request: “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://localhost/favicon.ico”, host
: “gossip.noisebridge.info”, referrer: “https://gossip.noisebridge.info/

I generally keep a log of any critical issues in the /etc/motd and otherwise try to keep general services sync’d with edits on https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Unicorn&action=history

So looking back, last we were editing share.noisebridge.info for DNS, and I ended up configuring that on a different system with share.noisebridge.io instead.

Otherwise I’ve only really used nginx for two test sites “x” and “space” which are still working/testing.

Just for sussing out any other status and things, November I did a update and added packages for npm/NodeRED/JDK11. Also added and continue to use nginx rtmp module, which I’m either gonna deprecate or upgrade to a better version sometime.

To your fundamental question, what broke the config, it looks like something is trying to use a auto cert process like letsencrypt with a default parameter for a site that doesn’t exist. It’s likely not being pulled by nginx.conf, but rather a imported config in something like /etc/nginx/sites-enabled

Thanks bud! Seems the issue is related to the test* website. I’ve removed it from sites-enabled and all is well. If we want to roll out the django website, I think it’ll need to be entirely re-setup as something is screwy with it.