Saw Stop Brake & Blade Replacement Cost

Hi. Last Wednesday, my friend set off the SawStop Emergency Brake. We notified Tyler, who seemed to be most knowledgeable on the topic. Tyler said he’d order a replacement and post the amount it cost here (she would like donate an amount to cover her mistake). I have not seen anything. Does anyone know how much the new SawStop brake cost?

1 Like

Hey Jameson,

This is Tyler, sorry dropped the ball on that one. A new Saw Stop is $79.
And blades range in price, but usually run $20 - $25.

@jameson any additional donation can be put directly towards @robbintt reimbursement for the original sawstop purchase at donate.noisebridge.net/projects/sawstop

That would be great - there is still some $700 - $1000 that it would be cool to be reimbursed.

Has a cartridge been ordered. I’m happy to order one and request reimbursement.

I never heard back, I would love to do some woodworking this June-August.

Alright, i’ve ordered one. If someone else did also, then we’ll have an extra.

did we ever get a brake? saw was still down earlier this week.

One was ordered 4 days ago. Reimbursement taken care of. Should be back in business in the next two days.

@hicksu I didn’t notice your message before. Did a replacement already arrive?

I have a sawstop brake right here at my desk at work. I thought someone else had already taken care of it so I haven’t made a trip to NB to drop it off yet. I should be able to drop it off on the way to work tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Well now we’ll have two! Thanks Jarrod

Due to the rain this morning I changed my commute plans. I’ll drop off the brake tomorrow.

I left the brake in the blue bin this morning with the sawstop stuff.

@themanmaran May I be reimbursed $95 for the brake, plus tax and shipping? (I also bought an extra set of keys but have subtracted a percentage of that from the total.)

Here is the receipt: 2019-05-11 Sawstop break cartridge.pdf (135.3 KB)

Of course! I’ll send it right along. Thanks @hicksu

Thank you, i use hicksu@gmail.com for Paypal