Report any Discuss issues here

5/10/2020 @James and I completed the Discuss upgrade this afternoon. Apologies for the downtime. The upgrade comes with lots of new goodness, including future upgrades through the web ui and working email notifications via sidekiq. That said, small issues may crop up as a result of the upgrade. Let’s use this thread for reporting and resolving such issues.

Having trouble with Discuss? Let us know!

Users with Trust Level 1+ can edit this post to report any problems they’ve encountered. If you’ve discussed them in other posts, feel free to link them via url.

2 Likes

test test, this thing is on, and even sending me emails!

I’m testing creating a new account, and when I fill out all the requested information, the “Create New Account” button is unavailable (Grey’d out) and also trying the “with Google” option is an invalid redirect.

1 Like

Account creation enabled. Was disabled due to error in Wikimedia Oauth plugin. I’ve disabled that plugin and filed a bug. Creation should now work. Thanks!
Google Oauth was improperly setup, so a typo on the google side. Thanks for testing it; I’ll look into it soon. Update: Oauth app has been submitted for verification.

Testing this, and now this error ‘Something went wrong, perhaps this email is already registered, try the forgot password link’

I did check, the forgot password option says, no account found, and tried several new email addresses for create.

Wikimedia-auth plugin removed entirely per these instructions. Rebuilt without that app.

Cool, thanks for “the” update, and can confirm, new account creation working successfully.

Okay,
Moved topic from #projects to #about category.
Simplified title to simply be Report any Discuss issues here
I’ve pinned this topic globally for the next two weeks.

• Expires June 5th

Top post is now a Wiki so any user with @trust_level_1 or higher is welcome to edit it.

User profile is still inaccessible in the mobile view.

The buttons at the top of the page change based on the scroll position.

scrollY = 0

scrollY = 10px

In the scrolling position the following class is applied:
<header class = "d-header clearfix align-right hide-menus">

The key is the hide-menus which removes the wiki, and Patreon button on mobile.

An easy fix would be adding the hide-menus class permanently on mobile view.

There’s no easy way to log out on my Android smart phone. No, there’s no logout in the hamburger icon. I can log out, by tapping my icon, tapping it again, choosing Preferences, then tapping the “Logout all” link. Is that it?

The footer doesn’t match the page theme.

Looks like it’s stuck in Light Theme

Yep, could use help with sorting it out. Also wondering why emojis also have a white background.

Added the ability to list Slack handles on your User page. This is automatically displaying as an option for all new users.
Patreon link removed from the header since it is now in the footer, to avoid mushing up interface on mobile devices with small screens. @Zach
Discord access may be broken. Please attempt to login with your Discord accounts and let me know if any issues @mark or @pyconaut Thanks!

priority: critical minor (just-enable-js)

browser: latest firefox

Disabling JavaScript from the streamable.com domain breaks functionality of the entire site, but only when some ebedded content exists on a page.

1. disable the loading of JS from streamable.com (using NoScript, or add streamable.com to your /etc/hosts file pointing to localhost…)
  2. load up a page that has embedded content, e.g. Othermill Pro Hacking and Repair
  3. any further page navigation is broken (see attached image).

nothing is clickable, and things are overlapping all over the place. only a hard refresh (or enabling javascript from a 3rd party site) breaks me out.

@anonymous24 Feel free to report at meta.discourse.org and see what they say. Here are search results on streamable. :+1:

User Card Directory added so user list is now useful and pretty looking! See it in action.

Forum will be upgraded to current release during window of 7/01 - 7/05. Testers wanted! Also, please edit this post to add any suggestions.

Planned Upgrade to Tests-Pass 2.6x for first week of July offers:

Tag groupings fixed on chat-integration @pyconaut for Slack.
IP address needed for whitelisting Grafana server @SuperQ
Babble plugin will be installed for real-time chat testing.
Akismet plugin will be installed for handling email spam.
Shorten polling time for incoming emails down from hourly to every few minutes or similar.
Add accessibility@* email @Zach

• Added accessibility@discuss.noisebridge.info, which points to the ADA section of Discuss. It can be subscribed to, or emailed by anyone with new topics.
  • It would be useful to organize topics by accessibility tag as opposed to just a category.
  • Include other tags as well?
  • Should this list re-direct to a particular Slack Channel??
  • Add accessibility@lists.noisebridge.net forward
1 Like

This is awesome!!
Just a couple of small accessibility requests for posting here:

1. A strikethrough text option (really helpful for doing edits without having to explain and retype a bunch of stuff)

2. A preview button next to reply (which would open in a link, instead of the window on the right, which doesn’t appear to show up in mobile).
    This would be really helpful for doing corrections from voice recognition accessibility software, instead of the current “hit reply and then edit it to death” that I’ve been doing :stuck_out_tongue:

[s]text[/s] text

Strikethrough already possible via html, bbcode, github-flavored markdown

Asking about separate preview window on mobile here. It helps if you search through meta.discourse.org as many of these questions have been asked and possibly addressed.

cool, any possibility for adding it to the formatting bar at the top? there appears to be space for it…

Added strikethrough button via this theme component. It adds a number of buttons (they are all currently enabled, but we can remove some if it helps) including strike through.

Options include:
Theme Settings

underline button

Enter the text for the title of the button in the composer.

underline text

Enter the placeholder text that appears in the composer after the user clicks the button.

align center button

align center text

Enter the placeholder text that appears in the composer after the user clicks the button.

align right button

align right text

align justify button

align justify text

strikethrough button

strikethrough text

float left button

float left text

superscript button

superscript text

subscript button

subscript text

columns button

columns text