Purge Items (2021/11/06)

These items are on (or near) the purge shelf, These are items that have been judged to be less useful then the volume of space that they occupy, if you disagree please respond within one week, and you will now be personally responsible for the given item… if no one responds for a particular item, it will be assumed that we can trash them. Please do not simply remove them from the purge shelf, put it somewhere else in the space without putting some kind of note on it justifying its existence…

Thanks to @leong for helping with purge shelf stuff this week!

Aborted Pick-n-place or CNC-like machine
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

AV Box covers: (missing the base parts)
Imgur
Imgur

Monitor mount part?
Imgur

VESA/Mini tower Mount thing?
Imgur
Imgur

Broken work light:
Imgur

DC → ATX converter
Imgur

Some kind of antenna?
Imgur

Window?:
Imgur

Toy ray-gun, Art sculpture (From the locker project of a Noisebridger who isn’t around anymore, I can’t remember their name), (Battery was already thrown out, it doesn’t take a charge)
Imgur

Misc cables/ casters/ and junk:
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Monitor stand part, turned into door closer? maybe? it was on the purge shelf, so im assuming that people gave up on this project
Imgur

Old CNC Tower:
Imgur
Imgur

3d printer/probably broken
Imgur
Imgur

@Zach what are your suggestions on the Pick N Place? Honestly, I think it would be crazy to throw away that Liteplacer machine, not to mention the aluminum extrusion.

AV Boxes… we should just set them up again! They worked beautifully for housing our av controls at 2169. Do we still have our projection screen and other tidbits?

@James If I’ve understood the situation with the AV system correctly, the trouble is that the boxes themselves have gone missing; all we have left is the covers. So if nobody speaks up and points out where the actual equipment is we may as well get rid of the now-useless shell.

Those DC-DC ATX PSUs (hard to tell from the photo but it looks like some variety of picoPSU) are quite nice; I’ve got one in my home server with an external solid-state power brick to eliminate fan noise. If we don’t have an appropriate location for PC components in the space and nobody else wants it I will gladly rescue it from the e-waste bin.

There’s a large bin of miscellaneous wall-warts in the electronics room; IMO we should toss the ones you show in there as well since it’s handy to have an assortment ready to be appropriated for powering projects. But I will not object if we decide to cull that collection.

I’d like us to keep the casters and the L-shaped metal thing - both are pretty generically useful - we have a box of other casters and things like metal mending plates. If you set them aside with my name on them I’ll put them away with the other things like them on the shelf near the wood shop with screws & things.

I think someone has already done something with the Liteplacer machine, because it’s no longer on the purge shelf…

The AV Boxes are missing the actual boxes, I can only find the covers and some of the insides… but I can set aside the covers and we can re-evaluate in a month or so. There is a ton of crap in the hack shelves, so maybe they ended up there… also maybe we still have some boxes that haven’t been gone through yet…

Does the large scale belong to X? Otherwise I could try list it on Craig’s list…
And donate any proceeds to NB

Yes, the scale says “Member Project/X” or something like that on it… The Scale, or any of X’s things are not part of the purge items, we are waiting on mediation to decide that.

Ah gotcha, thanks. I guess most of the purge stuff does not have much value, but I will make attempts on Craigslist free or paid with some of the stuff if it looks useful.

Nice! thanks, a good time to do that would be 7 days after a purge item post goes up. (so like 2 more days) And only try to give away/trash items that were listed and no one is claiming…

Just a reminder, the mere presence of the items on the purge shelf doesn’t mean they are ready for trashing/scrapping/craigs-list, some of them have been put there after we made the most recent post.

If the shelf is full already, then we should make a new post with the new items

1 Like

Gotcha. I won’t rush then.

@James yeah, lets hang onto the pick n place. Im still down to do repairs on it later at a safer time. IIRC it didnt need that much work.

Does anyone know where it went? Its expensive, and one the best pieces of hardware we have. Hopefully the parts are OK…

7 days feels a bit short for purge notice during this unusual time. Id vote for 30 days personally, unless it’s like super obvious 1990s beige stuff. But Im not at the space and I dunno what the immediate needs are.