Purchase welding safety gear with discretionary fund?

I couldn’t find our welding safety gloves and jacket. Has anyone seen them recently? If they wore out and had become unsafe, I can understand getting rid of them, but we shouldn’t have a welder in the space without offering protective gear for it.

@gaardn I can order another gloves and jacket if the discretionary fund will cover them. I bought the last set 1/2 out of pocket and 1/2 equipment fund. The last gloves and jacket I bought for the space were about $45 together and lasted for a while, at least until recently.

Also the surface of the viewing area on the cartridge is in bad shape, there are protectors that go over it (I’ve put a new one on just now), but one was not installed so splatter from welding has splashed directly on the cartridge. Visibility is still okay enough for welding so I think that is okay for now. Also the replacement cartridge apparently costs nearly as much as the helmet.

2 Likes

Let’s prioritize having working resources that are safe to use. Purchase whatcha need to get the welder in order.

Thank you for handling this, @hicksu. If you post the receipts and which fund(s) are being used for each item to #finance-wg, I’ll reimburse you.

1 Like

Ordered. I’ll post the receipt in finance

2 Likes