gossip.noisebridge.info now hosts a Secure Scuttlebutt Pub! See the White Paper and watch this cute video that provides you the intro as a love story.
What is Secure Scuttlebutt? A community for introverts and extroverts alike.
- Communicate via Public / Private Key in fully End to End encrypted discussions. Choose a client you prefer for decryption of your data.
- Asynchronous - This is NOT a real time chat! Think of when you send an email or when you submit a change in Git.
- Decentralized - The only centralization in SSB is via Pubs, Public Channels, of which we now host one.
- Feels like a Blockchain-y system, but without any sort of Crypto Currency bullshit.
- If you prefer to ignore our Pub, you can just use Scuttlebutt as a local only SneakerNet, and just sync data to others directly when you are both on the same wifi network. Perhaps at your home or a coffee shop or Noisebridge.
In the next few days, users should be able to invite themselves via our website at gossip.noisebridge.info due to a minor installer bug we have reported on Github. For now, just let us know if you would like an invite. You can also ask me within Scuttlebutt using my public key @lDF8MN2Qpx8FiXSmvCDEPlJfeGNxGsmYzyQy6jk4q1M=.ed25519
All are welcome! Big thanks to @rando for helping set this up!