Noisebridge Discourse

Hi there.

This is a new tool that has potential to make a big impact on the community, so I think we should start out slow and make sure we set the table appropriately. To wit: Lets adopt the same rule as access to Noisebridge slack, which is to say that you must meet someone in person in the space to be invited. When we get 50 users, lets revisit that thought and consider opening it up to the public. I have some ideas for that future, but lets live in the now.

I think there is something to be said for hot-tubbing the noisebridge community. We did this once before when we started out with getting people added to Slack. However, I think it is really important to note that It wasn’t that Slack was the magic answer to fixing a broken Noisebridge, rather, it was that we were able to force a kind of “reset” on things. This disrupted all number of bad patterns in the space.

We’ll probably have to do it again. And again. And again. Maybe that’s how Noisebridge figures out how to jump from Green to Yellow. Continuing with the cultural immune system metaphor, what better way to maintain its adaptability than with a regular booster shot?

May this lead the way towards a new re-founding of the Noisebridge.

pinned globally #2