noisebridge.net is not owned by Noisebridge.
It will never get easier than “right now” to move from noisebridge.net to a new domain.
As each piece of new information is added to noisebridge.net , moving domains becomes more difficult.
- A new domain: <insert domain> will be purchased and owned by noisebridge.
- An email account needs to be associated with noisebridge for domain ownership. <account>@<provider>.<tld>
- This account should not be associated with *noisebridge.net* , though temporary association during the transition is OK. This account should be some kind of generic external account with a password / recovery credentials distributed, perhaps using Shamir's Secret Sharing or similar.
- A migration strategy is required:
- A long period of time will be required to fully migrate
- All incoming emails to all aliases require changing
- contact information for all critical and important accounts need updating
- email dependent architecture like the lists require updating
- aliases and forwarding from the old domain can sit in place until such a time that domain no longer works.