Meeting topics for Tuesday / notes September 14th 2021

So, there are actually a few updates for this week, so I wanted to write them down so everyone is on board.

Membership Binder: @reilytech is on his final week! Everyone who wants to ask questions / give praise are welcome to do so.

Updates on the SPAAACE:

• Building the gate is still underway, with @new-ryan lending his welding expertise.
  • We have moved the lockers to the wall to create a giant Hackitorium space! What should we do with it? Mega hackitorium for hackathons? More space for the shop? Any and all ideas welcome!
  • We have a workstation set up with an iMac.
  • Electrical outlets – we need them, where should they go?

Also, this Thursday night, it’s 5 Minutes of Fame! The one, the only. So many people are doing so many excellent things (and will be giving one myself), you can sign up here.

Finally, will we be able to consense on vaccination policy in the space? That depends on YOU, the membership of Noisebridge, so please come!

And, as always, add more things here if they’re missing!

Oh, and bike shed is still coming along. @mentar has the latest on that.

We also have two weekly classes on our calendar in addition to Blender: Tuesday 6:30 PM sewing classes, and Wednesday night Gamebridge!

1 Like

Meeting Notes 2021 09 14 - Noisebridge - in which Relay became a member and consensus for vaccine requirement and verification was discussed.

Also, we have worded the consensus proposal in a way that everyone in the meeting agreed on. See the meeting notes for official wording, but thr gist is:

• It is excellent to check for vaccination status, and in excellent to let unvaccinated people in without a compelling reason.
  • It is in excellent to check documentation unless a compelling reason is provided
    It was effectively consensed, everyone at the meeting agreed on it, including 5 members in good standing

thanks @culteejen - in the interest of dotting the T’s and crossing some eyes … would want to note the above synopsis might perhaps benefit from a bit of timely proofreading and clarification.

According to the notes, the last few minutes of the meeting went something like:

Dave- I propose we give up on giving big C consensus tonight, as there still seems to be some people who might block

Sophia- I think there will be other people who might be against it if we delay it to long.

Dave: nothing is consensed. there is no consensus item that prohibits you from asking about vaccine card.

Dan- It is rare that we need big c concensus, but I think it is important when it protects yourself and others, and it will make the line less blury. ive been involved in 4 discussions with people who arent vaccinated. last one was with sophia. i would be happy to be like lol no sorry. if in the next 24h we get better language and put it in the wiki, it could pass next week. Words can be hard. if the vaccination status stuff becomes an issue that’s fine. we’re good at watching the watchpeople. good faith is good for doing this. dont like codifying excellence. we can take the must out.

conensus item: It is excellent to broach the subject of vaccination, either by pointing at the sign, or asking the person if they are vaccinated. If people are unvaccinated they must not be let inside without very good reason. It is unexcellent to ask for vaccine cards unless there is a strong reason.

Sophia- Asking about current members feelings. No present members block curren draft of the writing

dave: i regret to inflict more discussion upon everyone. another consensus item thats exactly the same but with a 90 day expiration limit.

Spohia- this new item also passes current members, and goes to next meeting

I did the needful to update the https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items page tonight in time to consense on something next week - but with my own preferred language. Note this is indeed a radical refactoring of the verbiage - nevertheless proposed as an reasonably coherent synthesis of several suggestions made towards the tail end of that long discussion.

For the next 90 days unless explicitly renewed by fresh Consensus:
When taking appropriate responsibility for introducing a new person into the physical space, it is expected that vaccination status may be explicitly discussed (briefly and respectfully) to communicate the clear Consensus of Noisebridge that for safety of all participants, people not currently vaccinated against COVID-19 may not be permitted to come inside without good reason for exception.

Respecting preference for anonymity and discouraging pointless “papers please” scenarios should generally preclude checking vaccine cards and associated demands for identification without good reason for exception (such as special events or legal requirements).

^ close enough for anarchist work?

@culteejen @fineline @pyconaut @reilytech @sophia_wisdom

Re TJs last post: This is the text from the meeting notes.

“It is excellent to broach the subject of vaccination, either by pointing at the sign, or asking the person if they are vaccinated. If people are unvaccinated they must not be let inside without very good reason. It is unexcellent to ask for vaccine cards unless there is a strong reason.”

This wording was used in part to comply with broccoli’s objections on slack. All members present at the meeting accepted this proposal, but it was not officially Big-C consensed. We will do that next week.

great - please remember to update the wiki accordingly!

Okay maybe I will remember to do that tomorrow.

Never mind. Just did it now. Fnord I took yours down and replaced it with the one from the meeting notes.

alrighty then - close enough for anarchist work. Thanks.