Mary's Lamb

Hey guys!

I am currently in the midst of building a robot to drive around the space, greet people, ask for money, and eventually be able to navigate the space entirely on its own. In honor of Mute Mary, the announcer of our old space and pesterer for donations, the project will be called Mary’s Lamb. Right now, I have it remote-controlled from my laptop and source code online, but I have big plans for the little guy, including:

• Documenting the code for others (I have not done the best job, and will do once there is interest)
  • Increasing the camera framerate (right now camera published only 1 or 2 times a second, would like to bump that to 5 or 10)
  • Creating a calibration script for the motors so I don’t have to fiddle with the numbers each time
  • Most important: designing a full chassis, made of slightly less duct tape and more cute lambd to hit home the aesthetic. Working with @Roboto on this.

I will rip clips of it in action from tonight’s 5MoF, but wanted to spread the word. If anyone wants to join me, I could use plenty of help on this project!

1 Like