Laser Maintainer Category - DRAFT

I propose there should be an officially guidelined Laser Maintainer category that is completely separate from Laser Trainer.

This category does not involve training new users to use the laser however can involve training new maintainers.

I suggest 3-4 “levels” or certifications - 1 being lens inspection and lens cleaning. 2, 3, 4 could involve chiller diagnosis and repair, mirror alignment, laser power measurement, etc.

Input appreciated! I hope that many laser USERS will also become trained as MAINTAINERS at least in some capacity. I hope that we can draft the categories and criteria here considering all the issues.

3 Likes

I have been asking for this for a long time, I am so happy to see that someone else is on board. I hope this can be talked about at the meeting tonight

1 Like

How did this discussion go during Tuesday’s meeting? I’m interested in contributing to laser maintenance & training.

I wasn’t there on Tuesday but people are going to meet on Sunday to look at the laser & I hope to get more of people’s input then.

It was announced at the Tuesday meeting, and there was general support for it.

There was also the suggestion of putting a expiration data on Laser Training. As some of the damage seems to come from individuals who claim to be trained, but have clearly not operated the machine in a long time.

2 Likes