I will update according to the information I have so far:
From @Borgaard :
Here’s what’s needed:
- Gaardn is ready to arrange the purchase of the Purex 1500i, an 800cfm fume extractor. This is sufficient, but could be better.
- Do we have 120V/30 amp or 230V 20 amp for where the fume extractor will go?
- Broccoli is the smartest vegetable and is correct that the Hackatorium could benefit from a higher cfm. Napkin math says 1,800cfm would be the most we’d need which we can get close with broccoli’s suggestion to get 2x fume extractors.
- Gaardn requesting cfm and quote for the 2000i and 5000i Purex models.
- Is there any reason the laser shouldn’t live in the tiny room that currently houses the 3D printers and other CNCs? (Looking for answers that are not “it will be hard to move”)
- Untrained people have been using the laser. Insurance nightmare. We need to explore the requirement for EVERYONE to get retrained. Yes, even if you were trained in 2169. It’s been 2 years for most people and we’ll have a different setup. Safety third, except when it can endanger people’s health.
- Gaardn would like help in building an online curriculum for the in-person checkoff. She has the content and can show her old and current setups, just needs a laser & web savvy person to provide expertise.
- The laser computer. Is it fubar? Someone either please fix or donate a computer that can run Lightburn.
Lastly, I’m happy to devote time to getting the laser running, curriculum, training users and other trainers, etc., but starting in late January I’ll be unable to be physically present as often. If you would like the laser running safely and pleasantly for everyone in the Hackatorium, consider this the fire lit under your ass. It’s time to help.
It sounds like the cost will be $6k for the fume extractor + $1k/year of maintenance, and the offer for $6k ends soon. @gaardn will be ordering on Friday.