Laser cutter training

Hi David and Ruth,
I am a new member of the noisebridge community and I missed your laser training class today! I have a urgent project I need to use the co2 laser for and wondering if you or anyone in the community would be willing and able to host a quick class this week? I will make extra donations since it would be a smaller group.
I have experience running a model shop and have ran other laser cutters and cnc equipment so it will be a quick class!
Please let me know and what other resources I could contact for help.

Thanks!
Justin

(David) #22

Hi Justin are you available tomorrow evening? I have a gig in the Mission tomorrow afternoon. Not sure how long it will take but could tentatively meet you at 6:30 -7:30pmish updating you tomorrow as I figure out my timeframe.

Hi David!
Yes I can be available anytime tonight after 6pm. I live close by, just ping me when/if you have time. I really appreciate it!
Justin.gilbert249@gmail.com

(David) #24

Ok keep u posted

(Blanca Rodriguez) #25

Hi David, wondering if you have some time this week to take a pick on my project. I was on Monday laser cutting but it did not go as great as I expected: /

(David) #26

Hi Blanca - it’s easiest if you just post what issues you’re having here maybe with photos. There is also a laser chat channel on Slack but if you’re not on there then here is fine.

(Blanca Rodriguez) #27

Great, Thank you

(David) #28

No problem. Actually I just learned that there is a “Laser Guild” category in the discuss. You can find it on the left hand panel of the discuss if you scroll down. I think that’s generally a good place to post things about the laser. This way all the users in the laser guild can help eachother with any questions that they have.

(Chris Murphy) #29

Thanks for the training last Sunday! I never got the password to use the laser cutter workstation. Please send it.

Also, should I doocratically add my name to this list?

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Laser_Manual/Who_can_use_the_laser_cutter

···

On Mar 30, 2019, at 13:43, David via Noisebridge noreply@discuss.noisebridge.info wrote:

David
David

March 30

They got back to me - training will be at noon tomorrow

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Murph
Murph
Chris Murphy

March 30

I would be interested in attending training this Sunday. I checked meetup.com and I don’t see it listed (which is fine…OT I don’t think we should rely on external online services). But will there be room for me?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(David) #30

Hi Murph - let me do that tonight or tomorrow. I actually just got permission to edit the wiki list yesterday so haven’t gotten to it yet. Let me private message you the password.

(Victoria) #31

Bumping this thread.

I have ~4 years of experience in laser cutting and did the safety course at Idea Fab labs in Santa Cruz. Where can I find out about the laser training for Noisebridge? Is there a session coming up?

Im in a similar place as bossanova, i used to teach the lasers at techshop (till they screwed everyone out of months of salary) so now i’m trying to get certified to continue my half-done projects at noisebridge. (it is a diff machine though). i’d love to join a training