Laser cutter training

(Blanca Rodriguez) #1

Hello there, my name is Blanca and I am working in an art project that involves making geometric shapes in acrylic. I have experience in laser cutting. Would it be possible to use the laser cutter? Would any of the trainers be willing to help me out? Thanks a lot!

(David) #2

There is a training this weekend on Sunday but they are trying to determine what time it will be. Between 1pm and 5pm, before during or after the Ability Hacks Meetup.

(Blanca Rodriguez) #3

Thank you David, I can come anytime. How can I know about the time? Thanks!

(David) #4

They are still deciding - I will check in tomorrow then let you know what they say.

I was just talking with a friend about this, will there be registration on eventbrite or is there some other way to get a spot?

(Blanca Rodriguez) #6

Thanks a lot David!

On a related note, I completed the laser training but it was months ago and I have not been back to use the laser cutter since then. Should I just do the training again? Or hope that there is someone around that can help refresh me if I’d like to try to cut something? I don’t remember much from it and I lost the notes I took

(David) #8

I asked but didn’t hear back about the training on Sunday. I’m going to be teaching so I also hope to find out what time soon :slight_smile: Will post the time as soon as I know (gonna be between 1pm and 5pm) … I’d say just show up and we will find a way to get you and your friend trained.

(Blanca Rodriguez) #9

That sounds great David, thanks for that. I will be there around 1:30 or any time you suggest :smiley:

OK well coincidentally I haven’t heard back from my friend either so it’s possible that neither of us will be able to make it this time around. I’ll try but we’ll see how things shake out

(Blanca Rodriguez) #11

That sounds great David, thanks for that. I will be there around 1:30 or any time you suggest :smiley:

(Chris Murphy) #12

I would be interested in attending training this Sunday. I checked meetup.com and I don’t see it listed (which is fine…OT I don’t think we should rely on external online services). But will there be room for me?

(David) #13

They got back to me - training will be at noon tomorrow

(David) #14

Hi Blanca, training will be at noon tomorrow

(Blanca Rodriguez) #15

Perfect! I will be there David. Thank you for letting me know

(Blanca Rodriguez) #16

Perfect! I will be there David. Thank you for letting me know

(Ruth Grace Wong) #17

I made a Meetup event for people to RSVP. If it somehow fills up before you snag a spot, y’all should just show up anyways. I feel like at least half of people who sign up for stuff last minute don’t show up. https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/260215413

@pagrus No need to be retrained. Just ask around when you get to the space if you need help. :slight_smile:

Happy lasering, everyone!

(Chris Murphy) #18

I was on the way and got a flat tire. I’m now waiting for a Lyft and will get there about 15 minutes late. Sorry! Hope it all works out somehow !

(Blanca Rodriguez) #19

Almost there, sorry I am late

OK thanks! I will do that