Introduction to Fusion 360 Feb 14 from 6p to 8p

(Matt) #1

meetup: https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/258831818/

Learn the basics of 2D and 3D modelling using Fusion 360. Please have Fusion 360 installed and sign up for the student version which is a 3 year license, or download the trial version which is a 1 month license.

Material Covered:
Fusion UI
2D Geometry
Constraints
3D operations
Scripting

(James) #2

Hey, how was the class? Sorry I was not able to attend.

(Matt) #3

It was good, I actually wasn’t teaching it, it was Mohammad, but we are working together. I’ve never used Fusion before, so watching someone go through all the steps was great for me. After an hour I feel like I can start using it since I know where all the difference are.

I’m really familiar with other CAD/CAM software so for me it was looking at how things I knew were done in another piece of software. Mohammad clearly explained the concepts for those who didn’t know.

It was a small class, but it was also Valentine’s day. We’re trying to get our act together to run more classes regularly. Thanks for taking an interest!

Fusion rocks. I use it all the time for my CAD. Maybe theres interest in a whole CAM workflow overview that starts with a eagle/kicad circuit and ends up with a finished board cut on the othermill?

(Matt) #5

yeah, for sure. May I suggest modularizing it? r is working on a kicad class as well and maybe it can be split into levels or subjects.

also splitting the kicad out would let me use the same class but in freecad, which I was slowly gearing up towards.

···

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019, 09:26 tdfischer via Noisebridge noreply@discuss.noisebridge.info wrote:

:date:
February 14, 2019, 6:00pm

— February 14, 2019, 8:00pm

tdfischer

February 18

Fusion rocks. I use it all the time for my CAD. Maybe theres interest in a whole CAM workflow overview that starts with a eagle/kicad circuit and ends up with a finished board cut on the othermill?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sure. I’d only want to go from “you already have a good circuit design” to “its milled”. Just the CAM steps.