For anyone interested in getting involved, use https://meta.discourse.org as your primary reference tool for understanding this forum software. As an fyi, we could request hosting here if we find uptime to be overly difficult to maintain.
Guide to Discourse Themes for getting the right look and feel on this forum. We’re off to a good start!
Possible Plugins - there are many available. Here is the list of all available on Github and here is another list with descriptions.
- Chat Integration - Includes Slack, Gitter, and many others.
- Solved - Classic as you can request a solution to your forum post.
- Question & Answer if we’d rather display solutions in a similar manner to Stack Overflow. Alternative to the official Solved plugin above.
- Events plugin - friendly way to list an upcoming event as part of a post.
- Reply via Email support
- Save Searches and receive updates
- Github linkback and badges support
- Invite Tokens - as a mentioned for adding users.
- Guest Gate - linking here for reference as much as anything
- Categorization of Categories - would be useful for if categories grow more complex ala Space / Dirty Shop / Table Saw