Hacker Passports

Hello,

I’ve been looking around for the hacking passports today, as me and my friend are leaving SF for Europe soon and would love to carry them proudly around :slight_smile: However, I was told that they were moved recently and even with others’ help couldn’t find them.
If anyone knows and could pinpoint me to a place where they’re hidden now, I’d be very happy to purchase two or three.

Thank you!

I don’t know where they are either but if I were to guess, they’d be in with the circuit hacking Monday kit. I also don’t know who has access to that as of late.

There’s a key to the CHM cart in the CHM locker. Matt, Nick, and other people who run CHM sometimes should have access. I do too – ask me if you see me in the space

I’ve never seen them, but usually only go through that stuff on an as needed basis and haven’t in a while. But I can try to remember the combo and help look for it if anyone sees me around too. I think I’ll be there Friday evening if that helps.

I’ll DM you the combo!

Coincidence brough me back to SF, and so I was gonna ask - has any one of you stumbled upon the passports? @ruthgrace @mpmckenna8

If not, I’ll drop by some time and ask/look around. Thank you all for chipping in already!

1 Like

No, I haven’t looked. Update everyone if you find 'em! :slight_smile:

We went through a lot of the locker stuff and the circuit hacking cart pretty thoroughly and I don’t remember seeing anything. Someone did just fabricate a stamp thing using the lazer and our 3d printers somehow so maybe we can work with him to make a new one.

1 Like

What is a Hacker Passport? Can we make more!

I was looking at this website (https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Passport) hoping that I could get one physically instead of having to order it, they come from NB originally @themanmaran

@mpmckenna8 that would be great!

I have 3 noisebridge hacker passport stamps somewhere, but no ink, we are all out of the passports themselves if I remember correctly. I will find the stamps when I return to the space in an hour

Anyone know how to order more? They sound cool!

1 Like

I know where to order more, I’ll put link up, but I want to first find out about discounts on the purchase, I’ll check tonight.

3 Likes

Ok I am contacting the current supplier to see if we can get a discounted large order. In the meantime, if you want to buy one yourself here’s the link.

2 Likes

We have the stamp and ink in the office supply cart - I just saw em!

1 Like

@pyconaut any chance we can get em for free? Noisebridge is famous!

1 Like

That’s what I am trying to do.

2 Likes

@pyconaut Hi - has there by any chance been any progress?

I have contacted adafruit, and they only gave 10 percent discounts, I am now trying to negotiate a better discount, but am out of town at the moment. I have also tried to visit a few local printers to see their prices, but to get it down in price we need quite a lot to be printed (mitch’s original run of 2700 cost 1 dollar per passport (Valencia printing if I remember correctly)).

I just checked and I still have another email to send to adafruit after I share it here to get feedback, I’ll work on that tommorow.