I’ve been thinking about what it means to be in a guild, or at least be acknowledged as someone who likes electronics and how this indicator can benefit Noisebridge.
One area specifically is Safety and Equipment.
For Safety, I was thinking things like
- Guidelines to use mains safely
- Handling Lithium batteries including managing a situation where someone shorted it as well as recognition of bad batteries and disposal
- Non-FUD soldering information
Equipment would be things like
- Proper use of shared resources to extend their life
- simple diagnostic checks
- periodic inventory and equipment checks (these have coincided with cleaning weekend)
- General decluttering, like if you feel like it, put away 5 things. or whatever. don’t need to tidy the whole place.
A re-org would be good too.
With the move coming up, we might want to get ahead of it and plan accordingly. A lot of stuff is already boxed which is great. the component library cannot be moved as-is, however. We can plan that in a different topic i guess.
Also we need to recruit more people which I have not been doing, but that’s on-going. Any ideas to get people to pay attention to the area would be great.