Email issue -- Auto Generated Reply

Hi Noisebridge,

happy new year! :slight_smile:

I am on your email list since 2014 and already sent emails for discussions.

My last emails were auto-answered by your system with:
“Email issue – Auto Generated Reply”.

Can you please tell me how to avoid this in the future?
Changing the content a bit and resending it worked, so that others already replied to the thread. But I also got these replies with further replies by me to these people and that is a bit anoying.

Best regards,

Andreas

1 Like

I’m not sure how the email discussion works, but you can certainly post in Discuss, and we will likely respond (as it notifies several other Noisebridge social media).

Hi Culteejen,

nice to read you.

I received this message to ask for help here to “fix” this on your email list.

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“Noisebridge-discuss@lists.noisebridge.net”] (titled Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Using the National Weather Radio to calibrate SDR-dongles?) didn’t work.

Your email was marked as “auto generated”, which means it was automatically created by a computer instead of being typed by a human; we can’t accept those kinds of emails. If you believe this is an error, contact a staff member.

I would like to keep discussing it there, I just don’t want to cause trouble there and get blacklisted or so.
I just follow this email and report and ask what I shall do :).

You are good; welcome to the forum. Forwarded your question to #rack Slack, and you can also check on https://github.com/noisebridge/infrastructure/issues for another place to file an issue.

Expect responses could take at least 24 hours or more. Happy Holidays and enjoy 2021!

Hi James,

thank you!
Can you please also check if my last email was sent via mailinglist? If not I would like to resend it because it is a reply to one of the other user’s emails. Just want to avoid impression of spamming.

Also happy new year 2021! :slight_smile:

Andreas

I don’t have administrative access to rack, but hopefully someone there can assist.

Account disabled. Sorry about that @hornig; should be resolved

If anyone else wants to take a crack at incorporating the list into this forum, please do.

Hi James,

okay, then I wait until someone tells me here, that my email-account works again :). I would like to answer some of the nice people in the email thread.

for those who know, it would be good to know what I did that brought my account to be disabled, so I can avoid it in the future.

Was it one of the words I used?

Andreas