[Discussion] consensus on mask policy

Continuing the discussion from Require showing vaccination Consensus Item:

Should we have a consensus on mask policy?

See also [Discussion] Allow unvaccinated people with restrictions

1 Like

i’m not sure it’s needed, today everyone at the space was masked up, and no one had any issue with it… I have to be honest though, when I’m the only one at the space or if its just a couple people, I might go without masks if there is small C consensus

Same. Currently, as I understand it, masks are now small C condensed by the people in the space. However, reading slack channels and meeting discussions, people might be concerned that masks are not on indoors all the time.
So I wanted to bring up making masks mandatory. At the very least, have everyone be on board with masks being small C consensus.

Really sad to read that masks and vaccination are not requirements at Noisebridge right now.
Frankly, it’s a really low bar for an anarchist space and it’s hurtful.

Allowing the spread of Covid among the Mission, where rates have always been high, is a way that we collectively harm our community through negligence.

The pandemic is very annoying, masks are uncomfortable. But is that discomfort worth neglecting the health and safety of those around us?

A very sad state of affairs, and a terrible example of what a hackerspace is about.

1 Like

Mask policy has not gone to consensus yet. How about this wording:

“All people at Noisebridge should wear masks.”

+1 and I would add that they be asked to leave if refusing to wear one.

I will also donate $ or masks if there are none available to people.