Please edit the Wiki Post below if you also want to share any COVID19 Resources we have available to us. Thank you!
Add California Residents Online Resources for Shelter-in-Place through May 3rd
- All $dayjob employees with reduced works hours are eligible to apply for unemployment benefits now, ranging from $40 - $450 per week from the state.
- Further, anyone sick with the virus is eligible to apply for disability insurance and receive additional $$ benefits.
- You may apply for an EBT / Food Stamps card to receive up to $194 in food per household.
Bay Area Local Resources:
- Tenants Union is available for privacy-first consultation at no cost. Know your rights!
- Local charities are in desperate need of volunteers to help feed vulnerable people with no income. They are seeking healthy volunteers willing to offer a couple hours, because usually they are staffed by the elderly. They will also feed you if you are in need!
White Pony Express serving Contra Costa
East Bay Food Not Bombs serving Berkeley
Rent Strike information for Bay Area homes
Projects for staying safe and getting involved:
UCSF Call for Assistance with creating equipment.
- Build a basic mask with a bandana, cloth and a paper clip
- Build a high quality mask on our wiki or via Deaconess website
- No sewing machine? Here are some no-sew designs
- 3D Printing Face Shields and parts of superior quality to help medical professionals and others in serious need of these.
- ~$100 Ventilator design from MIT
- Build an aerosol box from hard acrylic panels to protect HCWs when intubating patients
other Online Resources to check out:
- Facebook group for Open Source Medical Supply Designs. Has over 1,200 people involved.
- Folding@Home Noisebridge Team is seeking volunteers to donate spare computing power. Live Statistics available here.
- Got $30 to burn and just want to play videogames at home? Humble Bundle is offering a massive bundle of games and ebooks that 100% supports Covid19 charities.
Seven Stills (SF brewery and distillery) Just changed a chunk of their facility into production of hand sanitizer.
You can buy it here, or choose to donate it to a local non profit (you can also buy whisky).
Buying from them both supports a local business that has been severely affected by the pandemic and allows both you and local hospitals to get more hand sanitizer.
Please edit and improve this information. Thank you!