I sent Jordan and Brian this message:
I discovered that a large air compressor was run today. It is typically used for powering tools. The people using it added padding so it would not be against the floor. It is usually used on the weekends. Please let me know if it is ever a problem again and we can take additional measures to insulate it. Thanks!
- Hi Jordan - this is Trent from Noisebridge upstairs. I heard there was some loud sounds today that you had not heard before?
- I discovered that a large air compressor was run today. It is typically used for powering tools. The people using it added padding so it would not be against the floor. It is usually used on the weekends. Please let me know if it is ever a problem again and we can take additional measures to insulate it. Thanks!
- Hi. Thanks for reaching out. Is this a new addition? We’ve only noticed it being this loud in the last few weeks. Did it change location?
- It’s gotten progressively worse and I believe it was used a lot today so it makes the entire floor shake and a very loud sound. Enough that it is very disruptive for getting any work done.
- We don’t really use it, but since some people have discovered it, who knows if they will decide to use it again soon. Did you hear anything similar in the past?
- I’ve never heard it this loud or used this much. When we noticed it a few weeks ago I thought maybe it was construction.
- Thank you very much for keeping me updated.
- Oh so it was not just today?
- We’ve heard it before today.
- but just dealt with it. Today we finally accepted that maybe this was going to be the new reality so we decided to ask about it.
- Oh yeah you can always come upstairs and ask. I am going to ask if we can build a rig to keep it elevated.
- Sure thing, please send me a text if it is not working well enough.
- I handle communication with Brian and whoever is using the space to help field any issues.
- Other people can too, but I work hard to make myself available to exchange that information and be responsive.
- Great! Thats helpful. Sometimes everything is straightforward when we go up but sometimes we get the “no one is in charge” which is fine, but easier to manage on our end if there is a point person.
- Yeah that’s kind of a cop out too if someone says that.
- They are in charge of what they are doing.
- If you want you are more than welcome to tell them that, but it’s probably easier to just message me so you can get back to your regularly scheduled existing.
- Sure thing, let me know if it happens again. Thanks!
I think we might need more than just the padding between the Air Compressor and the floor. Maybe some kind of cage to keep it up off the ground and absorb the vibration?
The landlord may or may not renew our lease in August, so this sort of thing is important to keep track of. Ideally we can stay in our current place for another year, because so far none of our alternative plans are that good.