Comedy Fundraiser Recap: $523.64

On Saturday we brought in a total of $523.64. Huge shoutout to @VictorT for organizing the event. And thanks to everyone who came by to support NoiseBridge.

Source Cash
Eventbrite $17.64
BarBot $175.00
Paypal $23.00
Door Cash $308.00
Total $523.64

edit: bad at math

2 Likes

Dude thanks so much for helping pull it off Tyler. The comedians all had a great time too.

I feel like all the flyers we gave out at dolores park also worked, even if people didnt come to the event, they were all really intrigued by noisebridge as a space and will definitely remember my pitch for the cause.

Photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qd7kB6_EFqsx-qRZ-SSGNBm1YdrHjdky

We would love to do it again, it would only get better, hopefully we can get on some publications like SF fun cheap. Would also love to emphasize a interesting tech demo side of the event, just like how bar bot was pretty much a display installation.

2 Likes

I knew the event was a hit when I had to haul eight more chairs from the back and squeeze them into the hackatorium. The comedians were great, although the last one struggled a bit because he was entirely improv and we’re a weird crowd.

One thing to note about the “door” money was - not very many people gave money at the actual door (at least when I was working the door).

What brought in loads of cash was when I went up and down the aisles with the tip jar just after the last act (when people were on an emotional high) and asked for tips - people were stuffing 5’s and even 20’s into the jar.

We should remember this for next time.

^A^

2 Likes