Cleaning weekend [changed date to] February 2-3?

I propose that we have a Noisebridge Cleaning weekend on January 26 and 27. It could start right after the Acrylic workshop on the 26th. Any interest?

1 Like

H*ck yeah, I’m in. When’s the acrylic workshop done?

Apparently Global Game Jam is the same weekend. If it won’t interfere with Nicole’s CoALA event I’m thinking Cleaning Weekend can move to the 19th - 20th. Or it can be pushed back to the weekend of Feb 2 - 3.

1 Like

I’ve looked at the schedule some more, moving the cleaning weekend to February 2-3 doesn’t appear to conflict with other events. Hopefully that is still an okay weekend for enough people to help. It also leaves a little more time to give notice for locker cleanup and general purging.

I have a workshop in Oakland that Saturday afternoon but afterwards and on Sunday I’ll help

Turning needs to be gutted and painted.

and possibly remove the church/Turing wall or make more windows?

1 Like

This is probably worth a bigger discussion among the group, but I’m generally supportive.

A long while ago we’d also considered closing up Church’s south wall so it can have a proper quiet environment, but that didn’t go anywhere. I bet @hicksu has thoughts!

I have thoughts, but nothing i’m going to put in writing.

I’ve finally sent out an announcement about the cleaning day! Text copied here:

"Let us get together and clean our Hackerspace.

On February 2 and 3 please come help clean Noisebridge. If you’ve been using the space and have benefitted from Noisebrdge, please consider stopping by for a while to help. It’s a good use of our time, and a nice way to meet other people while cleaning, maintaining, and improving our space. We’ll start at 12:00 on the 2nd and at 09:00 on the 3rd (start is earlier on Sunday to load the trash truck). but come anytime you can make time

If you’d like to add to the list of tasks below, please do.

https://noisebridge.net/cleaning

Please note:

1. There will be a locker purge on February 2nd. Notices have been posted on the lockers. Un reclaimd lockers will have the locks cut off and contents removed into a basket with a note to save them for 30 days.

2. Project Shelves Purge: If you have projects in the space, make sure they are identified as claimed by you with a date within the last month. Projects on the Project Shelves with a date older than ONE MONTH with no name will be reclaimed for the workshops and hack shelves, or be discarded. Projects on the Project Shelves with a date older than THREE MONTHs with a name will be reclaimed for the workshops and hack shelves, or be discarded.

3. Other Projects and Materials Purge:
    Elsewhere in in the space, projects and materials labeled with a name and date older than ONE MONTH will be reclaimed for the workshops and hack shelves, or be discarded. As much as possible, projects will be moved to the project shelves."

1 Like

Super looking forward to this! I’m all about clean, organized spaces :broom:

1 Like

Sweet! The acrylic workshop is scheduled for 09:30 to 12:30 on the 26th