Are you helping out with the Gala? Do you want to get involved? Please read!

gala

Hi, all.

Next week: Scanduzzi Krebs, our fundraising advisors from Seattle, will be in town. They’re going to be at the space on Tuesday and Wednesday for a myriad of goals, but the one I’m really talking about is the gala organizing. This is Tuesday, from 2pm to 6pm at the space. We’ll be planning out some of the technical details of the gala, in particular all the parts that get the money in.

If you plan to be anywhere near the party, you need to come to this! This includes @mcscope our bartender, @James our talent wrangler, @pyconaut our alcohol procurer, and literally everyone else in the #guilds:fundraising guild who will have a hand in this.

Other people I’m pinging in this thread because I want you to come to this and help us raise $10,000 in one night:

@jeremy.llewellyn, @Zae, @ruthgrace, @lee, @jermops, @tim, @lxpk, @nthmost, @rando, @hicksu

If I pinged you in this thread, its because I think you’re part of the puzzle to help pull this off, so I want your beautiful happy shining face to be at this!

(Lady Red) #2

I’m going to be in Florida next week, but I am excited about the Gala and I hope we can throw a lot of momentum behind it.

Think there will be a way to remotely participate in the meeting? I’m gonna be living in an RV in Florida but maybe I would be able to phone in for some of it

···

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:24 AM tdfischer via Noisebridge noreply@discuss.noisebridge.info wrote:

tdfischer

February 13

Hi, all.

Next week: Scanduzzi Krebs, our fundraising advisors from Seattle, will be in town. They’re going to be at the space on Tuesday and Wednesday for a myriad of goals, but the one I’m really talking about is the gala organizing. This is Tuesday, from 2pm to 6pm at the space. We’ll be planning out some of the technical details of the gala, in particular all the parts that get the money in.

If you plan to be anywhere near the party, you need to come to this! This includes @mcscope our bartender, @James our talent wrangler, @pyconaut our alcohol procurer, and literally everyone else in the #guilds:fundraising guild who will have a hand in this.

Other people I’m pinging in this thread because I want you to come to this and help us raise $10,000 in one night:

@jeremy.llewellyn, @Zae, @ruthgrace, @lee, @jermops, @tim, @lxpk, @nthmost, @rando, @hicksu

If I pinged you in this thread, its because I think you’re part of the puzzle to help pull this off, so I want your beautiful happy shining face to be at this!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Jarrod) #3

I have work until 18:00, but if I can get off earlier i will come over to NB

(nicole) #4

I’m in!

(James) #5

I’m interested, but I’m about to leave town for a week regarding a personal matter. Happy to assist remotely, but I’ll be getting slammed with work starting in March through the event. I’ll be out of town the week of the gala itself, but I am still interested in assisting as I can!

Hm. Do you have someone else in the community you can recommend to take over for you or help out when you’re gone?

(Jarrod) #7

Something has come up. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make the meetings today.

(Matt) #8

Calendar for Gala planning

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/g8lrpaouv518chmq8upkd0o8ms%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Thanks everyone for coming! This was super fun! We even got @JosefSK and @LilyRaabe to join discuss and experience Curry Up Now :]

Lets do more group dinner things. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone outside of Noisebridge. Y’all are amazing human beings. :purple_heart:

(Bernice Anne W. Chua) #10

Hi everyone, the permits to hold the gala still need to be filled out.

As I started filling out the forms, I just realized that I will be busy during the weekend of April 27, so unfortunately I cannot go to the gala.

For that reason, I cannot put my name and contact info as the point of contact in the forms of the permits.

But yesterday, I was working on the guide on how to fill out the permit and who to contact for additional help / to waive the fee.

Here it is:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Getting_Permits_For_Events

Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that the guide is helpful.

Had to be that way, because whoever’s name and contact info appears on the forms will be the point of contact and/or the emergency contact that needs to be present during the event itself.

(Bernice Anne W. Chua) #11

Hi everyone, I was just reading from here:

that the gala has an admission fee.

For that reason, please disregard that part of the instructions for waiving the permit fee. I’ll add that part too in the instructions.