Aaron Swartz Day Hackathon Radio Edition

Hello all, I wanted to let people know that there is a special Aaron Swartz Day Hackathon is going on right now. We are building small LoRa radio modules and OP25 GNUradio systems to turen into emergency radio mesh network for people to use around the bay during emergencies, power outages, cell disruptions, and events where the cell networks might be overloaded.

you can find info on how to help here.
https://www.aaronswartzday.org/virtual-hackathon/

https://www.aaronswartzday.org/virtual-hackathon-faq/

another project we are improving is the Swartz Manning VR Museum that Lisa, Me, LXPK, Bernice, and a few others started in 2017.
that project can be found here

A few noisebridgers are already involved, and thought that some of you would also be interested as well.
3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Meeting Notes Transcript from 06/16/2020 as markdown:

I was reading the meeting notes and fyi Sudoroom is developing “disaster radio” for communicating with solar-powered lora radios via Secure Scuttlebutt. This would make a good extension to text messages, as it would allow additional communication options using those lora devices + is solar.

Awesome, what are the details and differences between the two?

···

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020, 5:00 PM pyconaut via Noisebridge <noreply@discuss.noisebridge.info> wrote:

pyconaut Ryan Sternlicht MetaGuild, VR Guild
June 23

we know about disaster radio and are trying to work with them on the project, our system would be very similarr but have a few key differences.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

James Laser Trainer
June 19

Continuing the discussion from Meeting Notes Transcript from 06/16/2020 as markdown: I was reading the meeting notes and fyi Sudoroom is developing “disaster radio” for communicating with solar-powered lora radios via Secure Scuttlebutt. This would make a good extension to text messages, as it wou…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Yeah I am also curious about this.

we know about disaster radio and are trying to work with them on the project, our system would be very similarr but have a few key differences.

1 Like