With the 272 Capp lease happening, it’s time to start planning the network move.
Some topics that come to mind:
- Roof access, line of sight survey to keep Monkeybrains link.
Ask Monkeybrains to assist us
Permission from landlord to install
- Check address for Fiber options.
- Sonic.net can provide fiber
- New network core rack location.
- Work with space layout planning to figure out where network drops should be run.
- Wifi RF plan.
Some hardware items come to mind:
- We have a spare EdgeRouter, should be good to use for the new space.
- Upgrading to a 48-port switch with PoE.
- Replacing the EoL/obsolete APs with new ones.
- Given the larger space, two floors, and outdoor area, going from 4 to 6 APs would be a good idea. Three on each floor
- Upgrading Pegasus to something a little nicer.
- Possibly replace the old Unifi Cloud Key with a Gen2, or running as a docker image on Pegasus.
New Racks and UPSs:
- 9U rack for main cabinet (UPS, routers, core switch, pegasus, patch panels)
- 6U rack for second cabinet (UPS, second switch, patch panels)
- Re-use existing UPS for second cabinet
- 1U or 2U UPS, Cyberpower again? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J49NM58
Switch: Unifi 48-port switch Gen 2 =~ $500
- 160W PoE power
APs: Unifi NanoHD =~ $180 x 6
- 10W PoE requirement.
Pegasus: SuperServer 5019C-FL
- Single Socket H4 (LGA 1151) supports
Intel® Xeon® processor E-2100 /
E-2200 series, 8th/9th Gen.
Intel® Core™ i3 Processors,
Intel® Celeron®, Intel® Pentium®
- Intel® C242 chipset
- Up to 64GB ECC UDIMM, up to
DDR4-2666MHz; 2 DIMM slots
- 1 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot
- 2 Fixed 3.5" drive bay or 4 Fixed
2.5" drive bays
- M.2 Interface:
1 SATA/PCI-E 3.0 x4
M.2 Form Factor: 2280
M.2 Key: M-Key
- 2 GbE LAN ports, 1 dedicated IPMI LAN
- 2 USB 3.1 (front), 2 USB 2.0 (front)
- 1 VGA, 1 COM, 1 TPM
- 200W Multi-output power supply,
Gold Level Certified